Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Chocolate-Covered Cherry Mice for a Baby-Girl Shower


My 2 oldest girls and I recently attended a baby-girl shower for a sweet friend who had her first baby. I happened to see some pink Hershey's Kisses at the store (a special edition "Strawberry Ice Cream Cone" flavor) and thought, "Wouldn't it be cute to make chocolate-covered cherry mice with those for the baby shower!" So I did, and they turned out so dang cute! I dipped the drained maraschino cherries with stems attached (the mouse bodies) in melted white chocolate chips tinted pink by adding some red candy melts. Ears were slivered almonds, but I have used flattened raisins in the past if there are known nut allergies. The candy eyes (usually found in the baking section near frostings and sprinkle decorations) are stuck on with frosting. They are so cute and innocent looking up at you, making you feel guilty for even thinking of eating them . . . but they taste so YUMMY !



(Sympathy face) Yes, little mice. For in addition to your being so adorable, you are also exceptionally tasty. I'm so sorry!

1 comment: