My cute little girls, when they saw what I’d ordered, yelled, “We want one, too!” Hmm, the top was a little too pricy for ordering three more, not to mention they didn’t come in kids’ sizes. What to do?
I went through my costume patterns and picked out a pattern for a medieval dress with bell sleeves that I planned to shorten, making it into a shirt (instead of the long dress the pattern was for), but I would have to make each one from scratch, something I could do, but that would take considerable time.
Then the thought hit me: Why not get some pre-made modern dresses and simply modify them to what I wanted. Brilliant! So off we went to the local thrift store and found some dresses for $5 apiece and a gold-colored bed sheet for $2 for the bell sleeves on one of the dresses. I set to work and got the projects done within a few hours.
The girls modeled their new tunics for me and I got some cute shots. We’re ready for the book launch on September 7, 2013!